After my Advisory Day back in February I waited until the end of the camera club season to review my panel for the Assessment. During the intervening months the RPS moved from Bath to Bristol and this is where the Assessment would be taking place.
Making the changes
At the Advisory Day I received advice that I should replace two of my corner images with images of fountains and the Red Arrows. Plus it was suggested that I change the colour of the of the corner images to be a closer shade of blue. No other changes were suggested.
This was the suggested hanging plan with the images yet to be updated.
To align the shades of blue in the images I used PhotoShop with a lot of help from YouTube videos.
The colour of sky behind the scaffolders was matched with the sky of the silver diver.
The colour of the Red Arrows and Vulcan was matched to the sky of the fountain.
As I looked at the fountain image closely I noticed a series of spots in the sky probably caused by water droplets on the lens. These were then all cloned out using a combination of Lightroom and Photoshop.
Once we had re-mounted the changed prints I decided to swap the corners bottom and top as I felt that the blues on the top line should be lighter than the ones the ones on the bottom line.
Completing the entry
The online forms were simple to fill in and to complete my entry I had to physically sign (then scan) the form and email it to the RPS. Then I was able to find out if I been accepted on my chosen day.
The procedure for the Assessment Day had changed since I had originally done my research and no longer were candidates OK to arrive with their prints on the day. They now have to be sent along with the paperwork at least 14 days before the Assessment Day.
Later I received the Submission form which had to be included with my prints. This form asked for a breakdown of what help I had received and a copy of the Advisory Day feedback form. This is when I discovered my RPS membership number had been filled in wrong on the form – luckily it was enough to cross it out and replace with the correct number.
Also two copies of the hanging plan had to be included too.
The cost of sending my Nomad box (with lots of paper packing) came to just over £14 for recorded next day delivery.